- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
They describe themselves, sometimes, as grindcore and power violence, although I hear a lot of hardcore, thrash, and sludge influences. Obvious fans of multiple genres of hardcore and metal, M.E.H. tries to pile them all into each song, and this is a feat considering none of their songs on this demo are more than 2 minutes long. Their songs seem to talk about a lot of metal staples, necrophilia, alcohol, blood, and anger. There were a few parts I didn’t like, but I feel like I have to address them fairly. So this band talks about child abuse and makes a few sexist comments, which doesn’t necessarily make them bad people, or their songs bad, in fact, I enjoyed a lot of their music – and anyone who’s into metal knows that sometimes topics you’re uncomfortable with are unavoidable. Metal and darker genres pretty much thrive on topics that are considered taboo (think about some of the biggest and greatest names: Metallica, Anthrax, Cannibal Corpse, for example), and it’s up to each listener to make the choice whether to cut the band from their playlist, cut the song, or just keep listening. But fans, fear not! You can listen to, criticize, and love all at the same time ANY artist of ANY genre you want because you’re the listener and you get to decide what you want to listen to!
So, please, don’t let that dissuade you; M.E.H. is way more than that. They even tackle political topics like the illegal downloading of music (I don’t care about a record exec not being able to gas up his private jet/ I can’t get a fucking decent job and you want me to sympathize with pop stars?!), and police brutality (choke on your pepper spray and rubber bullets).
They even wrote a song about my favorite hobby: “I’m Getting Drunk as Fuck.” But my favorite song by far is “Mosh Till Death”because it’s hilarious, and perfect, and I could even see those good boys of Dethklok covering it. So if you like your metal to be a power punch to the face – fast and tough, then give M.E.H.’s newest demo a listen.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago