- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
Ah Spring, one of my favorite four seasons, a season so different than any other, a season so….Ok well I don’t really have much to say about it, except it serves as a tiding for all the Summer festivals that are soon to be upon us. This years Spring Fling in Spartanburg in Friday May 4- Sunday May 6, and you’re not going to be starved for entertainment this year as there 5 different stages all with different types of entertainment on them. This Friday it appears only three of them will be open, but all 5 will be open on Saturday and Sunday the entire day.
On the B93.7 Stage (Clock Tower at Spring St.) Florence/Charleston, SC’s Sequoyah Prep School kick it off at 6:30PM. Sequoyah Prep have been slightly quiet regionally over the past year ever since shortening their name to Sequoyah and back to Sequoyah Prep School so it’s good to see them back in action. Following SPS at 8PM is Maryland’s Ballyhoo, who play a reggae/punk infused brand of rock, bringing to mind such mid-90′s stapes as Goldfinger and 311.
The Magic 98.9 Stage (corner of Church St./St. Johns) starts at 6:00 PM with Tobacco Road, a Country/Rock band from Boiling Springs, SC that has been playing together since 1989, make you feel old? At 8PM We have The Southern Boys Band, another Country rock outfit that are gigging out hard behind their recent CD, “Old Roads, New Travels”.
Always one for the underdogs, my favorite stage this year is The Underground Stage (West Main St. in front of The Herald Journal), which is showcasing many of the Upstate’s up and coming/newer acts. At 5:30 our old friends in Everlasting Earle kick it off. The band is finally about to release their new album so look for lots of songs of of that. At 6:15 Asheville NC’s Now You See Them will be bringing their own unique brand of indie folk/pop with some unique instrumentation in the mix. Christian Rockers Tuesday’s Child play at 7:00 PM, followed by Spartanburg’s The Wheresville Project who recently won The Hub-Bub Next Big Thing competition and look to be doing big things for such a young band.
Check in tomorrow and Wednesday for the rundown on all of the acts playing Saturday and Sunday!
Tagged with: Asheville • b93.7 • ballyhoo • Everlasting Earle • Greenville • hub-bub • incoming transmissions. • magic 98.9 • North Carolina • now you see them • sequoyah prep school • south carolina • spring fling • spring fling 2012 • spring fling spartanburg • the southern boys • the wheresville project • tobacco road • tuesdays child
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 8 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago