- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
First impressions, in most cases, are everything. Its an uphill fight to comeback from a bad first impression. Jane Jane Pollock does not have an uphill battle with me. When contacting Jane Jane Pollock to do this interview they signed the email with “xoxoxo” What can I say? I am a sucker for some hugs and kisses. Come along as I caught up with one of the most interesting bands (they play pots and pans! And it sounds good!) that I have come across yet!
Jake Hougaboom: So tell me the story – How did the band come together?
Jane Jane Pollock: Michael started the project alone a a bedroom recording project, then it evolved as he gathered and collected us one by one…
JH: I’m pretty sure I went to elementary school with a Jane Pollock, did you know her?
JJP: Yeah… She was this real fabulous fish with lipstick. super sassy and mean.
JH: Tell me about your song writing process. Being that you guys are making such creative music are you generally on the same level when it comes to writing?
JJP: It starts with each person bringing something they worked on and it evolves as we adapt it to a live setting. It’s nice to have this ever so trusting group of weirdos.
JH: I just finished listening to your album “Jane Jane Pollock” and loved it! How long did it take to make the album?
JJP: It took us about 6 months, Michael was holed up in our trailer mixing on it for the last few months.
JH: Whats one of the craziest stories you have from the road or a show?
JJP: In Tampa Florida, we met a guy who stopped Ryan and asked him to show him his shoes, he was kneeling down at his feet and when ryan said “okay I guess so” he aggressively licked the bottom of Ryan’s shoe and repeatedly asked Ryan, Danny and Michael to show him their ‘bottoms’ or the bottoms of their shoes. Then hand jobs when we were asleep and strange diseases.
JH: What do you think the future holds for very creative, experimental music?
JJP: Cassettes found at the goodwill bins. I’ll be digging.
JH: What’s one thing most fans don’t realize about touring bands such as yourself?
JJP: You got to be in incestual relationships with your band mates or….. it doesn’t quite work.
JH: Let’s take it down a notch from being so serious. What do you wear to bed?
Michael: Wifebeaters and doo rags
Courtney: Slips and lace
Danny: I sleep fully clothed
Ryan: I sleepy fully clothed with Danny
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago