- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
Coming this Friday, a band that takes their name seriously and mixes soul and R&B with Rock n Roll, Italo and the Passions will be at The Radio Room in Greenville. They can really rock out, and our own Wes described them once as “heroine-less Foxy Shazam;” intrigued?
Playing alongside of them is a two-man band, The Long Canes. The duo falls somewhere inbetween Tom Waits and The Black Keys with lead singer Jeff Riding’s rougher vocals and the bands down and dirty take on Rock and the Blues.
Both Italo and the Passions and The Long Canes are straight out of Greenville, but coming all the way from Athens is another two member piece, Root Spirits. Root Spirits is an Americana band with deep blues-rock influences. They have a nice groove and an old school rock n roll aesthetic, similar to Drive By Truckers or Grand Funk Railroad. You can hear their sound here.
This show is on Friday, May 11th at 10pm at The Radio Room in Greenville, SC.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago