- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
One of Orlando’s biggest, Trivium, is coming to Greenville this week. That’s right, big name metal with a reason will be playing at The Handlebar this Thursday with Kelen Heller and Six and Twenty. If you don’t know who Trivium is, I imagine you live in some sort of war-era paranoia-fueled bunker and I’m sorry. Welcome to the internet. Trivium is a staple for a lot of us metalheads; they’ve been around quite awhile, with a lot of experience under their belts. This thrash metal outfit has shared the stage with the likes of GWAR, Metallica, God Forbid, Iced Earth, Fear Factory, Killswitch Engage, Whitechapel, and more. They’ve had top hits on the rock charts, they’ve expanded their sound, but most importantly for us, they put on a great show.
Trivium is one of those bands that has made it big and could go the way that many bands on that path go, you know the “well they paid to just hear us re-play like ten songs from our albums” path, the one where the band just stands around looking slightly uninterested while they regurgitate old stand-bys and even the audience doesn’t know what to do and you just end up awkwardly standing around while one drunk kid tries to start a pit. Trivium loves their fans and they love to play and they really bring out the drive they have in their audience. I saw them a few years ago and they really brought their passion to the fans. They are still in it for the music and they’re still making new songs to this day. This is not a concert you want to sit out on.
There are three reasons you should see this show. The first is if you haven’t heard of Trivium. Get yoself an education. The second is if you have been waiting to see Trivium live. And the third is if you used to listen to a lot of Trivium, but they fell of the map a bit for you. Come out and see what they are working with now. They’ve tried out some new and interesting things and the talent level has gone way up, but they know how to bring it with their old songs too. Alongside Trivium this time around is SC’s own Kelen Heller and Six and Twenty.
The concert is this Thursday, May 24th at 8pm at the Handlebar. If you buy your tickets now they are $19, at the door: $21.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- ALBUM REVIEW: Lionz of Zion – Kings: One of Greenville's most well known bands, Lionz of Z...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago