- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
Listening to Marshall Brown’s latest album, High Noons, is very similar to going on a psychedelic trip. The beginning starts off slow and steady, preparing you for the chaos that’s, without a doubt, coming. Tracks 3 (“And Julia…”) and 4 (“DOCTOR SELLING APPLE$”) bring on the full effects of the trip. After a short intermission, the colorful journey starts to slow down, but never goes away completely. High Noons sound is similar to The Beatles album: St. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Kinks, and, even at times, Radiohead. It has a clear 60’s-influenced guitar, reverb, and hollow echoes that create a colorful eccentric sound. High Noons is like if “Day In The Life” by The Beatles was made into an entire album. I could go on to describe my opinion of Brown’s sound, but I think it best if you listened to the talent of the man yourself.
High Noons was released in March of 2012. Brown plays guitar, keys, percussion, harmonica, and bass. Accompanying Brown is Adam McMillan on drums and percussion, Mitch Malyerck on drums on tracks 2 and 9, and Lauren Wilkie on harp on track 6. Brown is one hell of a multitasker writing, producing, engineering, and playing most of the instruments on the album. You can check out the whole album on his bandcamp and purchase it for only $5.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago