- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
I first took notice of Kelen Heller a few years back when they secured an opening slot for Guns’N'Roses at The Bi-Lo Center in Greenville. That’s right, somehow Axl’s ego deflated just enough to allow a local band the chance to open up for them, I was shocked to say the least. So Immediately I started doing my research and discovered that the singer was none other than Ricky Schuler, the last singer for local Spartanburg legends Headsnap before disbanding (and of DropComix if I remember correctly).
Since their inception in 2009, Kelen Heller has wasted no time in gigging out and establishing a name for themselves. Since forming they’ve played with Rob Zombie, Crossfade, Mushroomhead, Ill Nino and many, many other national heavyweights. They’ve just released their new 3-song EP with the single “Redefine” garnering local radio play as well as a new horror-themed video which is embedded below. It looks like the band may be on the cusp of something, so now would be a good chance to check them out.
Also on the bill are Charlotte’s Dig Ur Grave, which put a metal-core spin on party-core or whatever the kids are calling it these days. Imagine an extremely amplified and Drop C version of Secret Lives and you’d be on the right track. Opening will be Forest City’s Sound It Out, who take all of the hardcore/metalcore/emocore/electronic elements and seemingly throw them all in a blender to surprisingly effective results.
The show is this Sunday at Sound Stage Music Hall in Boiling Springs at 7:30 PM and admission is $5.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- ALBUM REVIEW: Lionz of Zion – Kings: One of Greenville's most well known bands, Lionz of Z...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago