- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
Anyone who is familiar with anything I’ve written for this site knows about my penchant for outdoor, small town festivels. Which brings us to our next stop on this musical-outdoor-summer-fest-tour; the Don’t Sweat It Fest! Besides having arguably the best festival name out there, the Don’t Sweat It Fest is going to be a pretty awesome affair.
Located in the heart of Rock Hill, SC, half of the musical performances will be played on the lawn of the courthouse, while the evening/night performances will be played inside the courthouse. Besides the very cool location of where the bands are playing, I think it’s best for the Don’t Sweat It Fest to tell you directly what it offers…
Bikes! Bands! Beer! Justice! Black Metal Facepaint! Dunking Booth! Burritos! Subs! Puppet Show! Scavenger Hunt! Critical Mass Mystery Tour! Guys! Gals! Beards! Jorts! Outside! Sleeveless Shirts! Bobbing for Beer! Art Booth! Prizes!
That information comes directly from the festivals website. If they are offering all that, think about the wonderful spontaneous things that could happen too! Brilliant!
The musicals acts are coming from up and down the east coast, from New York to Florida. With so many bands from so many different places, I am going to focus on the more localized bands (a website about music in the upstate talking about upstate bands… go figure…)
Chemical Peel, from Columbia, SC will be taking the stage at the fest. A band that’s very gritty and so dirty, it’s hard to not enjoy them. With a very rhythmic yet firmly garage style of playing; Chemical Peel is totally a band you would not mind listening to in the waning hours of a very cool festival.
Greenville’s The Soap will be helping to kick the festival off! The Soap are able to pull off this sound that combines Vampire Weekend, Black Flag, and some harmonies that suggest The Beach Boys. Stir all of those musical influences in a garage rock kettle and out comes a very fun band. A band that you will enjoy listening too.
If you enjoy fun, if you enjoy burritos and music, if you enjoy men wearing jorts, then you need to get out to the Don’t Sweat It Fest this weekend. The Festival is this Sunday, June 17. For full band line up, directions, and more go to the festivals website right here!
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago