- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
This Friday metalcore group Sound it Out from Forest City, North Carolina will be in Spartanburg at Ground Zero. Their sound is very clean and promising, despite the fact that they only have one song out, which you can hear here. They have honed in on that ability to blend the sound of power pop and gang vocals and screaming, I think successfully. If you like Asking Alexandria, We Came as Romans, or Of Mice & Men, then this band is right up your alley. The line-up for this show is massive. Ground Zero has really brought out a ton of styles of metal for the fans this evening.
They will be playing with Impale the Betrayer, a well-loved band around here, out of Shelby, NC (props y’all!). They have a much heavier sound than Sound it Out; everything is a little more deathcore-y and brutal a la Veil of Maya and Arsonists Get All the Girls. Another band at this show is Elisium. They are an amazingly clean sounding progressive rock and metal band to be frank I’m surprised that they are not on every rock station… I suppose I’d say they sit with the sound of Incubus and Chevelle and Audioslave, and they have this amazing cover of the Safety Dance which seems to me to be definitely worth the price of admission, y’all.
Also in the line-up are two hxc bands: Clap for Alaska, adorably sticky sweet post-hardcore from Morgantown, North Carolina (FFA: Dance Gavin Dance and Maylene and The Sons of Disaster) and another NC based group, the post-hardcore Steryl (FFA: The Devil Wears Prada and Drop Dead Gorgeous).
Finally, there are two rock / prog bands: Red Herring, a progressive metal band from Greenville that is a mix between Pelican and Meshuggah, and of course, Six and Twenty, who recall Mastadon and Chimaira.
This is the kind of genre bending show that some people love to hate (hipster picky genre defining poopers), but that is almost always a blast, because there is representation from a lot of the newest twists on metal. It’s really a great show to get a grasp on what’s been going on in the scene lately, and what these artists are up to. They work really hard to hone their sound and perfect their music, so go support them and dance your face off.
Tagged with: clap for alaska • deathcore • elisium • ground zero • hardcore • impale the betrayer • incoming transmissions. • karen • metal • metalcore • post-hardcore • posthardcore • prog • progressive metal • Progressive Rock • progrock • red herring • six and twenty • sound it out • steryl • upcoming shows
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 8 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago