- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
I don’t know what it is about the summer time but it happens to me year after year. Every summer, after keeping away from it at all costs the rest of the year, I turn into a country music fan. There’s something about the sweet, sticky summer air that makes me want to listen to some country music while I enjoy a beer on my backyard patio. There is an even more alluring pull when you know the band is from your town. Enter, The Piedmont Boys. Greenville’s own outlaw country champions that have toured from here to West Coast rodeos. The Piedmont Boys are back home in Greenville and are playing The Handlebar this Saturday.
The Piedmont Boys released their first album, which was self titled, in 2008 and have been going strong ever since. Having shared the stage with some of countries biggest names and still keeping their bluegrass roots, these boys come to rock. I saw them recently and for any doubters who think a band labeled as “country” with bluegrass roots can’t throw down and put on one hell of an amazing show, had better think again. The Piedmont boys know how to put on a very fun show.
If that wasn’t incentive enough the show is for an amazing cause. The show at The Handlebar this Saturday featuring The Piedmont Boys and WPOS is a fundraiser for The Palmetto Peloton Project (P3) and their event “Challenge to Conquer Cancer.” P3, a nonprofit organization, “exists to promote the advancement of cancer research and advocacy efforts locally, regionally, and nationally through fund-raising fitness events.” The “Challenge to Conquer Cancer” is in its 5th year of existence. It’s a bicycle relay race that starts at the GHS Cancer Center and ends in Downtown Austin Texas.
Call me a softy, but if I can listen to some great music whilst supporting an amazing cause, I am a very happy dude! The benefit is this Saturday (06/09/2012) at The Handlebar. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 the day of the show with all proceeds going to P3 and The Challenge to Conquer Cancer. Come on out for a great show and to support a great cause!
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago