- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
So with it still being over 3 weeks until the new Gaslight Anthem album is released, I’ve had to tide myself over with other things. However, most of those things have been really quite excellent. So here is currently what’s been on my playlist.
Make Do And Mend – Everything You Ever Loved : With each album the band strays further away from their punk/hardcore roots, but these dudes still write excellent songs.
Matt Skiba And The Sekrets – Babylon : Pretty much what you’d expect a Matt Skiba album to sound like. Evil, poppy, and lots of 80′s keyboards. Great listen though.
Beulah – When Your Heartstring Break/The Coast Is Never Clear: The pinnacle of indie-pop to me. Also probably the best band almost no one has ever heard of.
The Bouncing Souls – Comet: A lot of people have complained about The Bouncing Souls being…well too Bouncing Souls on this one. Even if it’s familiar territory, the Souls still show they can hang.
Metric – Synthetica : i was literally hooked the first time I heard the opening lines “I’m just as fucked up as they say. I can’t fake the day-time”.
Moonlight Bride – Twin Lakes EP/Myths LP: I honestly think every time I listen to this band I like them more. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them hit it big by the end of the year. Not only do fans love them, other bands adore them as well.
Cursive – I Am Gemini: I’m going to be honest and let you know I still haven’t listened to this album all the way through. It’s crazy dense, but every song I’ve heard can stand on it’s own.
Belle Histoire – I Can Tell EP: It’s like listening to Sixpence None The Richer without having to sacrifice your indie cred. I won’t tell if you won’t.
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago