- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
SheScreamedSanity out of my darling Clemson, South Carolina has come out with their first EP. Happy Day!
They’ve got the screaming, the chugging, the singing, and best of all – the gang vocals. Honestly, y’all I am a gang vocals gal. I don’t know what it is about bands being able to get a minimum of five people in a room to yell something inspirational at me, but it always gets me good. They’re definitely of the “core” variety. I’m hearin some good Parkway Drive and maybe Memphis May Fire inspiration among other things.
The EP opens with a good build-up on “She May Not be Catholic, but She’s a Damn Good Liar,” and then starts running full-speed. The entire core of it is a really solid track, but the massive beating at the end is where it’s at. It’s a perfect opener for the EP, and after a few listens, it’s one of the tracks that really gets you excited to hear more from these guys. The second track, “Arm Yourselves,” is one good solid song. They keep up the energy for the entire song and it kind of reminds me musically of August Burns Red.
The third track, “Does this Taste like a Zoo to You?,” has such a juicy sound. And a –party!- breakdown that will make you lament that this sound is coming out of your headphones and not house show speakers (this is definitely a band you want to check out live). But it’s also just an awesome song all around and a good screw you. But the last track is really where they knife you in the heart with an inspired, forceful, go-get-‘em attitude. It runs into you face first and gives you a real sense of what this band is. The opening is sweet and sick and the punctuated Oh My Gods are just heavy enough to be funny and serious at the same time instead of whiny and annoying. It’s a good promise song, a good fighting song. But the end is the kicker.
Please excuse me while I go get my dancing boots.
I’ve got mad respect for what they’re doing. Clemson seems to always be slowly growing in the musical talent arena, and yet somehow metal and metal fans seem to be shrinking over there. Other cities in our state are getting strong and beefing up, and I really hope that there’s a bigger future for the area near the university. SheScreamedSanity is takin care of business and doing it well. So much so that I’m seriously considering stabbing my return to Clemson by going back to hosting my old metal radio show, The Wednesday Night Knife Fight, and really work on getting local bands out there. It’s easy to find metal kids lamenting about the scene, but we each have a voice and something we can contribute to bolster the love and passion we have into the public eye. So do yourself a favor and go take a listen to this EP, which you can download for free, and you will want to, after you hear it.
Don’t stop guys. Don’t stop.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- ALBUM REVIEW: Lionz of Zion – Kings: One of Greenville's most well known bands, Lionz of Z...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago