- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
Coma Cinema hasn’t been around much since relocating to Columbia, but the Upstate still hasn’t forgotten one of its most notable representatives. Known for direct but poetic lyricism with an ambiance the carries the weight of the narrative atmosphere, the band has been sorely missed. Cothran’s honest, often sardonically humorous stage presence has left a hole in the music scene, so it will be an exceptional treat to welcome him back.
Traveling with Coma Cinema are Columbia’s Those Lavender Whales, whose folksy indie-pop tunes offer a quirky dash of catchy fun to represent the opposite side of the spectrum of Coma Cinema’s more somber tone. The band are continuing support for their album, Tomahawks of Praise, released on Fork & Spoon. It’s only their second time playing at Radio Room, so let’s show the State’s capital how the Upstate parties, even if it is in the middle of the week.
Greenville’s resident reverberated electro punk rockers, Now in 3D! will adding a bit high octane rock to the line-up. With a frenetic Devo meets early Screeching Weasel sound, the band is a might hear for dirty rock enthusiasts in the area. The band just offered a sneak peek from their next EP, an unmastered track called “Enemies.”
And let’s not forget the other group of Greenvillains joining the fray, noise-pop champions, Sun Sweet Sun. Only recently have we been seeing the band play out more, but their tighter and more focused than ever. Much was said about their dynamic performance with Wasted Wine and Daddylion a few weeks back, and continued support would guarantee seeing these space-bound rock n’ rollers more frequently.
The show is expected to start around 10, with a $3 cover. So handle your mid-week blues with a damn fine collection of creative musicians.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago