- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
We know the week is just beginning, but why not kick it off with a bang by coming to hang out with our friends from the bright and shiny state of Florida, Sunbears! The duo took Greenville by surprise at their first show here late last year with their chill, dance-ready tunes and engaging visuals provided by projector. Few knew exactly what they were getting into when the band began their set, but by the time Sunbears! left the stage, many walked away both impressed by their performance, and feverishly asking when they were coming back. We don’t get too many relaxing indie pop outfits that put out such positive vibes, so it’s safe to say the band struck a chord with the audience. Though the band took a pit stop in order for one of the members to welcome a brand new little human into the world, Sunbears! are finally returning, continuing their support of their most recent release, You Will Live Forever.
Accompanying Sunbears! on their journey here is another fellow Floridian duo, Le Blorr. Cut from a different cloth than their more pop-influenced cousins, Le Blorr do keep an air of psychedelic about them, but their style stems from a much dirtier rock sound, with a large blues influence seeping into the songs. The band isn’t without their electronic moments, as tracks like “Hallelujah, I’ve been BLORR’n Again” or “My Terrific Tushh” that generate a great sense of celebratory ambiance. With an eclectic collection of sounds all their own, Le Blorr make for a great pairing with Sunbears! due to their similar sense of fun, but with a great musical variety to keep the show lively.
The show starts around 10:30 tonight and there’s no cover charge. So come on down to the Radio Room to start the week off on the right foot.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago