- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
I don’t know what it is, but somewhere in The Milestone contract their has to be a passage saying all employees must at least be in a band or three. With that being said, Appalucia features members of Andy The Doorbum, Hectagons and I’m sure at least a few more. While most of their live instrumentation is acoustic, they are promising a revamped and electrically-charged set tonight. According to the Facebook event invite it’s going to be “super loud, super fast, punk as fuck. raw, sweaty & out of control. breakin’ shit. Songs from the entire appalucia catalog in a way you’ve never heard them before.” So with that being said, I’m expecting a set of blood,sweat and beers.
Also on the bill are punk band Sister Fister, also from Charlotte. While not much is known about them, their sounds puts me in the mind of early Buzzcocks meets the raw, anything goes energy of The Germs.
Opening the bill will be Edgar Allen Poe Mill, the new project from Med School guitarist, Wells Alewine. I’m not gonna lie, their first demos left me a little confused about what the project actually was. However, within their new songs there is a strong melding of indie, shoegaze, and experimental noise all rolled into one. Early Sebadoh fans should find a lot to love here.
- INTERVIEW: Minus The Bear: Yesterday was the day I was able to make many of my...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- INTERVIEW: Fifteen Fifteen: While I'm always wishing there were more progressiv...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 4 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 7 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 8 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 9 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 9 months ago