- Incoming Transmissions
- Album Reviews
- Free Music
- Show Reviews
- Upcoming Shows
- Artist Directory
A few months ago you may have recalled us doing an album preview/review of our good friends in Can’t Kids debut LP, “Brushes, Touches, Tongues”. It is to our delight to announce that after signing to Columbia-based record label Fork and Spoon, the album is finally seeing a proper release. I won’t go into it too much, but I really do think the record is something special, and am glad it’s in good hands. You can here a song off of it below.
The album release show is this Friday, July 6 at New Brookland Tavern in Columbia and also on the bill are Belk Boys and Ray Kay and Friends. Belk Boys are a newer group who definitely fit into the Columbia chill-wave aesthetic and Ray Kay is ex-The Shaniqua Brown lead singer Rachel Gillon. While not as frantic as The Shaniqua Brown or as laid-back as her other group The Local Honeys, I can really see fans of Shovels and Rope digging her newer material.
The show is $5 over/$7 under and starts at 9PM. And Upstate fans don’t worry, because I talked to bassist (and soon to be shot for shot regional champion) Henry Thomas a few days ago and the band are planning a return to Greenville very soon.
- RETROGRADE: Hum – Downward Is Heavenward by Josh M…: Sometimes we know it can be all business over her...
- INTERVIEW: Chris Tollack of WSBF in Clemson: Here's the scene: you're in your car, your iPo...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lionz of Zion lose member, to chang…: If you've paid any attention to the Upstate music s...
- RT @TheUpperFootage: Back! Re-tweet for a chance to get an early look at our new website and trailer! about 5 months ago
- been wondering what our staff has been up to? Wes's new venture, Fete Mobile Music is up on pg 40!: http://t.co/MsTos3ck about 8 months ago
- @jeremyleecamp thanks man the best is yet to come, I'm working on something new this Monday which I haven't even announced :) about 9 months ago in reply to jeremyleecamp
- thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades - Wes about 10 months ago
- All good things come to an end, thanks for the last year and a half everyone!: http://t.co/ytxfmbRo about 10 months ago